When you go on a holiday, it is always important to list all the necessary things that you need to bring. It would be a great idea to make a check list, to make sure there is nothing that you forget. Here are some suggestions of the things that you should bring on your holiday to Cyprus:
- Passport: Bringing a passport is highly essential. Also, don’t forget to check with the local embassy to get information about the visa regulation
- Driving license, insurance card, medical insurance, bank cards, etc. If you bring copies it would be great also, in case something unexpected happen.
- Money: there are many cashpoint machines in Cyprus so you don't need carry much cash however please bring some currency with you for the first few days especially if arriving on a Sunday as the banks will be closed. Most restaurants and large supermarkets do receive credit cards.
- Sun Tan Lotion and Sun Block: The temperatures in Cyprus can be very high, especially in the summer, most supermarkets and kiosks sell suntan lotion but may not have the factor that you require especially for young children.
- Sun glasses: The sun is shining everyday. Late evening it can be very low in the sky so sunglasses are essential for driving.
- Maps and other travelling information: Do the research about interesting places in Cyprus before you leave, to make sure you know what to do once you arrive. Most of the kiosks and souvenir shops do sell maps.
- Greek phrasebook: Many people speak English in Cyprus but there is no harm in practicing your Greek a little bit.
The most important thing is your passport you can buy most of other things here if you so wish so. If we can help in anyway please ask one of the Illiadas team in the office.
There are still many things to be prepared, so you better get started now. Enjoy the vacation.